Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:19:41 +0900
- From: "Lyle H Saxon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- References: <email@example.com> <462FF87E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 4/26/07, Attila Kinali <email@example.com> wrote:I bought an Cowon IAudio X5 a few months back. Works great. No problems sofar (if you disregard the endless loop it enters when you give it a 0 byte sized mp3). Also reflashing is no problem as it doesn't need any special utilities.
And for those a little bit more advanturous can try Rockbox on it :-)
Alternative firmware for iAudio devices! Now this is welcome news! Of the two iAudio devices I've used, they both had firmware problems and one burned out its hard drive. I had the hard drive replaced in that one (the other is flash memory), and they are both having firmware problems again (updates partially successful, but never for more than a couple of months), so when I get some time, I think I'll try this alternative firmware. Thanks for mentioning it!
Although ipods make up here maybe a third or even half of the market, there is still some competition. Just have a look at the lokal mp3 player store www.k55.ch
Have they only taken over that much of the market? By observing people on the Yamanote Line and seeing what the retail stores have on their shelves, it looks more like the bloody iPods are 80 or 90% of the market! Or is that just in this country?
- Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- From: Niels Kobschätzki
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu versions
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links