Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:49:59 +0200
- From: Attila Kinali <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- References: <email@example.com> <462FF87E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Organization: SEELE
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:33 +0900 "Ian Heafer" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > > > Anyone > > > else using one? > > I'm using a Cowon iAudio, with 1GB of storage. Reads OGG, MP3, WAV, and > > other formats. > > I also have to recommend the iAudio players. The newer ones can even > play FLAC. The only disappointing part about my particular model is > that you need windows to reflash/upgrade the firmware, but it's usable > under Linux right out of the box. I like to keep a copy of bashpodder > on mine so I can grab new podcasts where ever I am. I bought an Cowon IAudio X5 a few months back. Works great. No problems sofar (if you disregard the endless loop it enters when you give it a 0 byte sized mp3). Also reflashing is no problem as it doesn't need any special utilities. And for those a little bit more advanturous can try Rockbox on it :-) Although ipods make up here maybe a third or even half of the market, there is still some competition. Just have a look at the lokal mp3 player store www.k55.ch If you ask why i bought an X5, it was the only non-ipod with a 60GB drive :-) Attila Kinali -- Praised are the Fountains of Shelieth, the silver harp of the waters, But blest in my name forever this stream that stanched my thirst! -- Deed of Morred
- Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- From: Lyle H Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu versions
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] An instructional target of opportunity?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links