Re: [tlug] No sound with USB device driving me crazy [SOLVED]

Scott,

Thanks for having provided some good insights on this.

After much struggle, I've come to another solution: install Ubuntu 6.10.

It's been made clear to me that Feisty has stumbled on a lot of things. I've been scanning the Ubuntu User's forum, and it seems there are a lot of bugs. Personally, I've been wrestling with audio problems described here, and a problem with SD cards described in another thread. Other people are describing other bugs.

Since my new MythTV machine is a new install with nothing to lose, I wiped it all out and put in Ubuntu 6.10. And the sound is working fine.

I'm kind of bummed that Feisty is not a big step forward with Ubuntu. It's still better than Windows, but I was hoping it would be something I could really encourage my friends to switch to.

Anyhow, sound is on. Nice, crisp, digital sound.

Thanks to TLUG as always for everyone's support.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn