Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Firewall versus NFS
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:43:32 +0200
- From: Botond Botyanszki <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Firewall versus NFS
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46255E20.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4625C22C.email@example.com>
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:01:00 +0900 Dave M G <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > I think that Patrick might be right about the changing ports. I watched > the events log in the Firestarter interface as Stephen suggested, and > when I attempted to connect to the server from another machine, it said > it blocked a connection from port 980. > > And then I saw in other attempts that it said it blocked attempts on > port 979, 976, 964... Seemingly within a tight range of numbers. But I > don't know if I can be sure it will always stay in that range. > > So I checked on the net about this, and I saw this page: > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Share_Directories_via_NFS For debian, put this into /etc/default/nfs-common, probably it's the same on ubuntu: STATDOPTS="--port 1000"
Description: PGP signature
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] TLUG shirt design vote
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] LPIC2 study guides?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Firewall versus NFS [SOLVED]
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Firewall versus NFS
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links