[tlug] Firewall versus NFS

TLUG,

I think I might be doing something a little wrong with my firewall settings with relation to NFS.

I thought I had it sorted out by adding an inbound rule on my server machine by opening the ports 111 and 2049 for the IP addresses on my local network.

To specify all the computers on my local network, I put this in the IP field:
192.168.0.1/24

I read on the Firestarter web site that this was the proper syntax to be open to addresses from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255.

But it has become apparent that when my firewall is on, the server won't allow me to connect.

Do I have the syntax wrong in some way?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn