Re: [tlug] Networking two Linux computers harder than Linux toWindows?

Godwin Stewart writes:

 > Of course software isn't going to run if you don't start it...

Where have you been for the last 10 years?  Don't you get spam?  What
is spam, if not the unwanted excretions from software running on
machines whose owners didn't start it, don't know it's running (and in
most cases, probably don't know it's installed :-/ )?

And, heck, even Gentoo and Debian start servers without telling you
about it (I just filed a PR against Debian's ntpd package for exactly
that last week).

This is what the vast majority of users expect nowadays.  And I'm not
completely sure they're wrong....