Re: [tlug] OT: Mailing List Recommendations

Greg Thomson wrote:
Looking for a free mailing list service.
Easy to setup, add members and maintain. (This is quite a technically challenged group of women.)
Supports email to and from keitai's with web access a plus.
Private

I recommend Google groups. I moderate a group on Yahoo! and used to on Google, and I think Google is the better choice.

They are both a lot alike in features, and you can do all that you request above with either.

There are two things that set Google apart. On is that in my opinion, Google's interface is a lot cleaner and easier to manage. The other is that, at least last time I checked, Google has more support for mobile phones with stripped down interfaces than Yahoo!.

Hope that helps.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn