Re: [tlug] SD Card not appearing on desktop. Again.

Stephen, Keith,

Thanks for responding.

Well, I tried moving the usbmount.rules files in and out of the various udev directories, and starting and restarting udev. I even rebooted a few times.

Sadly, no change in getting SD cards to be accessible, so I don't think I'm barking up the right tree here. At least not with this one file.

Currently, I've taken the file out of the udev directory. I think one contributing factor to my previous installation's instability was doing experiments but not cleaning up afterwards. So I'm going to break that habit.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next to diagnose this problem. I've also posted on the Ubuntu User's list, but there's been not much help there unfortunately.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn