[tlug] Viewing Japanese in Firefox... in RHEL3

Josh Glover writes:

 > So I install the Microsoft core fonts[1] by following the procedure on
 > the webpage, and restart xfs and X itself, just to be sure.

Last I looked (a few years ago now) the core fonts don't contain
non-Latin glyphs.  Check the size; if they're less than about 25MB
each, they're missing something, probably kanji.  (By comparison, the
kochi fonts are 8MB (gothic) and 9MB (mincho).)

Get the Kochi fonts or something like that.  MSFT may also provide an
Asian language fontpack, but again, that was not the case a few years
ago.