[tlug] Bluetooth headset installation dies on "DBUS"

TLUG,

I got me one of them snazzy blue tooth earpiece/headphone sets for use with Skype.

I'm following the instructions on this page here, in the 4th post down:

I was doing pretty good, I thought. I managed to put the earpiece device in pairing mode and detect it. I managed to use CVS to check out the "btsco" software.

But then, when I ran "./configure", it died with this error:
checking for DBUS... configure: error: Package requirements (dbus-1 >= 0.36, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.36) were not met:
No package 'dbus-1' found
No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DBUS_CFLAGS
and DBUS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I tried seeing if I could install the "DBUS" packages with "apt-get", but it said I already had it. And it couldn't find anything called "dbus-glib".

The other information is way above me, and trying to find information on the net was just as confusing.

So I turn to you guys. How do I get past this "dbus" problem?

Thanks for any advice or help.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft