Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

Scott Robbins writes:

 > It does of course, have iconv, but what I meant is that it's not
 > available as a locale.  I also looked at their list of charsets and
 > didn't see it there, either.

Have you tried just setting the locale to ja_JP.ISO-2022-JP?

What "list of charsets"?

You should be able to generate the locale yourself with something like

localedef -u ISO-2022-JP ja_JP.ISO-2022-JP

Are you sure this all isn't just a vast misunderstanding? ;-)  I mean,
have you asked on the Arch Linux mailing lists?