Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:33:43AM +0900, emiddleton@?? wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> > On the ArchLinux list, a fellow has commented that his senpai can't read
> > messages that he sends from mutt which are, as far as he knows, encoded
> > in UTF-8.
> >

> Isn't this a mutt setting, from the manual there is a setting called
> send_charset[1] which defaults to "us-ascii:iso-8859-1:utf-8".  From the
> manual

I'd forgotten about that one.  However, as Arch doesn't have the
ISO-2022 charset, would that work?  I'll try that tomorrow though,
thanks.

> so that iso-2022-jp is used in preference to utf-8 for Japanese
> messages.  I don't currently use mutt so I haven't tested any of this.

Heh, I should have remembered it though.   We had a thread about it at
some point.
Thanks Edward, I'd completely forgotten that and it's probably worth a
shot.  I have an Arch machine at work where I can try it.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Wesley: The Council's orders are to concentrate on the...
Buffy: Orders. I don't think I'm going to be taking any more
orders. Not from you, not from them.
Wesley: You can't turn your back on the Council.
Buffy: They're in England. I don't think they can tell which way
my back is facing.