Re: [tlug] daemon daze

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 06:38:47PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Micheal E. Cooper writes:
>
>  > If the plug is out, you can plug it in after
>  > booting and then do:
>
>  > ifup eth0
>
> Should work if the script is available, but I think this is distro
> dependent, YMMV etc.

    Works on Debian-based variants such as my Ubuntu box here.   Fedora
covers Redhat.  Which definitely puts it under distro dependent but between
those two, that covers a bit of ground.

    I'm curious which particular major distros don't support
ifupdown?  I'm going to guess that Gentoo and Slackware don't include it.
How about any of the other major RPM-based distros?

Alain