[tlug] daemon daze

   Occasionally when booting my laptop (which is running Fedora,
w/kernel version 2.4) I forget to plug into to my ethernet
connection. This results in a bootup message of:

 "Bringing up interface eth0: ......  [ FAILED ]"

   Not being terribly linux saavy, I've always just (1)shut down,
(2) plugged in, and (3) rebooted.

   Am I correct in assuming that there is a daemon somewhere
that I can reboot/restart, so that I can skip step (1) here,
plug in, then change step (3) to "restart daemon"??

   -Chris