Re: [tlug] Using autoresponse

The company that I work for imports products (food, drinks, etc..) and the idea is to introduce these goods just to people that is really interested, we take many  security measures in our server, newsletters and the follow up of campaigns are very important for our business, also in Japan the law about collecting personal information is getting very strict;

I haven't found someone to do the Job for Us, in the meantime  I'm trying  to learn a little about all this, one option seems to be using  procmail and sendmail on my server i found this script and I'm testing it:

#logging - in case you want to troubleshoot (uncomment by deleting #)
#LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
#VERBOSE=yes

#shell - otherwise, nothing will happen when we call formail
SHELL=/bin/bash

#begin example_info section
:0 h
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^FROM_MAILER
* ^Subject:.*example_info.*
| (formail -rt -A"Precedence: junk (autoreply)"\
      -A"X-Loop: infobot_reply" ; \
      cat $HOME/example_info.txt) | $SENDMAIL -t
#end example_info section

#begin error handling section - NOTE: this section always goes at the end
:0 h
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^FROM_MAILER
* ^Subject:.*
| (formail -rt -A"Precedence: junk (autoreply)"\
       -A"X-Loop: infobot_reply" ; \
       cat $HOME/error_notice.txt) | $SENDMAIL -t
#end error handling section

#begin catch_bucket
:0
/dev/null
#end catch_bucket

 also I have to execute  this echo "\"|/usr/bin/procmail -f-\"" > /home/infobot/.forward; chown infobot.users /home/infobot/.forward

I hope I won't mess up anything on the server