Re: [tlug] Using autoresponse

SM wrote:
> Hello,
> I been ask to use mail - auto-response to manage some kind of
> campaign, the idea is to send an e-mail (empty) to an e-mail account
> and the sender gets an immediate reply, the reply sometimes will
> includes a prize and most of the times a message informing that the
> person has been included in a list ,
[...]

Andres,

it should be quite easy to implement with a trivial script called from
/etc/aliases or .forward.

If you add something like

prize_or_not: "|/usr/local/bin/prize_script.sh"

to /etc/aliases the email will be piped to the script. The script should
then extract whatever useful info you need, roll a dice to decide what
kind of response to send, and send the apropriate response.

Of course you can write the script in the language of your preference,
it only needs to be able to process emails delivered to it.

kind regards,
-sig