Re: [tlug] mplayer plugin testing

Josh Glover wrote:
> On 23/01/07, Al Hoang <hoanga@example.com> wrote:
>
>>     My personal experience with trying to get ANY Linux distro to play
>> seamlessly with _streaming_ Quicktime and Windows Media Player has been
>> very negative.
> [...]
>> Nope
>>   o Windows Media
>>   o Quicktime
>
> In Gentoo, it is as simple as "emerge mplayerplug-in". I have

	Excellent!  I just tried this at home and played around with sites that
I normally frequent.  I found mplayer plugin happy on the
following sites
http://www.apple.com/trailers
http://gamespot.com  (Just choose some video game trailer)
http://cnn.com
http://bbc.co.uk

	mplayer unfortunately barfed trying to view sample lectures from
http://extension.harvard.edu but I know they use some advanced Real
features so it gets a little dicey.

	But overall this is great. Linux keeps on getting better and better.

Thanks!  I owe you a beer at the next TLUG nomikai
Alain