Re: Bourne Shell is the most appropriate scripting language (was Re: [tlug] What is the most appropriate scripting language)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:11:04 +0900
"Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> He probably meant #!/bin/sh, actually. I don't use any bash-isms in my
> shell scripts specifically to avoid the situation you described, where
> my scripts won't run on other Unices.

Same here, in theory this is how you do it. But when it comes to reality,
you will only realize that your script doesn't run on some unix flavor
when you actually test it on that platform. If you can really do this
"write once, run everywhere", I'll bow before you. ;)
With perl this statement stands.

Now lets talk about which editor is better, emacs or vi ;-)