Re: [tlug] Xen advice, please

On Jan 9, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Keith Bawden wrote:

Sound like a good plan. I have used VMware to consolodate services
from a bunch of machines onto one. You will need to ensure that the
new server is up to the task of running the virtualised servers. You
should get an idea by analysing the load on the current servers.

It must be nice to be able to use VMWare, but then again, the scale here is so small that I couldn't justify the expense.

As an additional note, the load on current servers is not so bad, so I think that consolidation won't be a problem. I just worry about painting myself into a corner, spending a lot of time investing in a solution that will have to be chucked in the end. I really appreciate the cautionary note.

Thank you again.

Micheal