Re: [tlug] SATA software RAID or SAS hardware RAID?

Edward Middleton writes:

 > If that is the case then why bother with PVM.   Run them as four
 > separate processes and set the CPU affinity[1].

You're still missing the point, which is that the particular
computation I was doing is not the point.

The point is that if you buy a hardware solution that is well-designed
by experts, it should work; for the kind of money Jonathan's employer
was paying, they should get a satisfied-or-your-money-back guarantee.

If you cook up a solution in software, you are likely to run into the
kind of problem I did, which means *you* have to be the expert, or
hire one.