Re: [tlug] Fwd: Tux Droid : coders needed!

On 28/11/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > Let's be reasonable here. Is it really spam when it is something you
 > might be interested in?

Yes.  That word "might" is *exactly* why spam is a problem, if it's
left up to the judgment of the sender.

You are right; my choice of words was especially lamentable. However, I consider it perfectly reasonable for a company making a product targetted specifically at Linux hackers, and offering free product to hack on, to email a description of what they are doing to lists that exist because their members are interested in Linux and hacking.

For all I know, the original email was sent only to lists where a
member had given permission to the person doing the sending.

 > in fact I specifically chose to forward this mail on to TLUG from
 > another LUG list.

Then it was posted by a member.  Posting by bcc (if such was the case)
is in bad taste, but it's not spam.

I certainly did not forward it on to TLUG by Bcc.

-Josh