Re: [tlug] Fwd: Tux Droid : coders needed!

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:50:02 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> For all I know, the original email was sent only to lists where a
> member had given permission to the person doing the sending.

I received it not through any mailing list I subscribe to, but directly.

The poster just looked for any e-mail addresses associated with Linux
activity and blasted his/her spam out to all of them.

That is not the Right Way To Do It(tm).

As Stephen said, "might" is the problem here. We all get thousands of
offers for penny stocks, pills, advance fee scams, fake lottery wins
etc. because someone thought (ObQuirk noted) we "might" be interested
in the offer. The fact that this was about a geeky Linux-based toy
doesn't make it any different than pi11z spam. It's all about conSent,
not conTent.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The new Linux anthem will be "He's an idiot, but he's ok", as performed
by Monthy Python.  You'd better start practicing.
        -- Linus Torvalds, announcing another kernel patch