Re: [tlug] Microsoft to embrace Linux -- not a joke!

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 15:50 +0900, Romans Malinovskis wrote:

> > is to head off various anti-trust suits.
I have to agree with Romans....
And....
I have been skimming this blog for a while always looking for something
interesting ..... but I usually do not find it.
http://port25.technet.com/default.aspx

But there has to be a reason why they are at least appearing to warm up
to Open Source, they have been doing this for some time at least the
past year.

I think 3 reasons.

1. Keep a eye on technologies or ideas they want to emulate.
2. Head off the Anti-trust LAw suit mongers.
3. Finally to keep their eye out for talented people they can bring to
the dark side......

I mean who could ever forget this head line.

Not that I ever fault a guy for wanting to provide for his family
especially the sick figures I am sure they offered him.

<Quote>
"Gentoo founder and former Gentoo Chief Architect Daniel Robbins began a
new position at Microsoft on 23 May 2005. According to drobbins: "I'm
helping Microsoft to understand Open Source and community-based
projects." While in the midst of hastily packing to move to Redmond,
Drobbins nonetheless managed to find the time to finalize the transfer
of Gentoo's intellectual property (essentially copyrights on ebuilds and
other software as well as soon-to-be trademarked Gentoo logos) to the
not-for-profit Gentoo Foundation, Inc.
</Quote>