[tlug] RAID5 - move array from Fedora 5 to Fedora 6

Hi Everyone,

Here is my setup at home:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
Fedora Core 5 x86
120GB IDE hard drive with 3 partitions: ( / , /boot , and swap space)
RAID5 composed of 4 Seagate 750GB SATA drives mounted on /export

The IDE hard drive is old and I am starting to get sector error reports
in the logs.  Additionally, I would like to upgrade my system to Fedora
Core 6 x86_64.  I purchased a Seagate 320GB SATA drive to replace the
IDE drive.

How can I install Fedora Core 6 on a new SATA drive _without_ losing my
RAID5 setup and data?  Would it be safest to (option 1) completely
disconnect the RAID5 drives while doing the initial install, then
re-connect after I confirm that Fedora 6 is working, or (option 2) can I
just rely on the installer to recognize the RAID5 and auto-configure
without deleting my data?  Are there other options?

If I went with option 1, is it easy to configure an already existing
RAID5 on a new system?

I've been google'ing for info on this scenario and have not yet been
able to find anything specific enough.

Thanks,
Matt