Re: [tlug] Open source intelligence

Jim Breen wrote:
> The Honyaku list has just had some job advertisements  posted,
> including:
>
> "There are four vacancies for Japanese linguists at the U.S. Army Asian
> Studies Detachment (ASD) at Camp Zama in Kanagawa Prefecture.  ASD is
> the largest and oldest provider of open source intelligence (OSINT)
> information in the U.S. Department of Defense."
>
> Open source intelligence? Interesting concept? Does RMS know of this?
>
> I trust they distribute the source code.

For anyone who doesn't know what "open source intelligence" is take a
look at [1]. Open source intelligence has nothing to do with open source
software. They obviously used the term 'open source' because in this
context its meaning is nice and ambiguous and suggests they are
contributing something back.

Edward

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source_intelligence