[tlug] Keylogging software

TLUG,

Does anyone know of decent keylogging programs for Linux?

I've just spent the last half hour Googling various search terms, and either "keylogging" is the wrong term, or there isn't much selection.

I keep finding sites that have keylogging software for Windows (of which there are lots), and also happen to have the word "Linux" incidentally in some menu or other superfluous text on the same page.

I've also come across more than one Linux forum thread where people debate about whether or not there should be such a thing as keylogging because of it's obvious implications for privacy. I'm of the mindset that I have the right to know what happens on my own computer, so that's where the debate ends for me. (Installing against someone else's will on their machine is another issue. In any case, if anyone wants to debate the moral issues go ahead, but I'd rather simply discuss technical details).

It also seems to be the case that some kind of keylogging script should be easy to generate, contingent on one's expertise in all things Linux. I'm not one of the experts, though, so that option is opaque to me.

Any help or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS