Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

Scott Robbins wrote:
Almost everything will get some score or another.  The spammers always
have new tricks.  There is a group called rfc-ignorant.org.  Anything
listed in it gets some points, which means hotmail, yahoo, gmail (I
think) my ISP, roadrunner, etc.   Most of the blackberry providers
(at least in the US) are in it.
Most notably, sending a message in HTML, even if you have the correct MIME headers, will flag SpamAssassin filters HTML_xx_yy, where xx and yy are percentages of your message body that are HTML code. UPPERCASE_xx_yy are another set of tests in the same ilk.

Most of my messages now, though, get negative points -- thanks to BAYES_00 and AWL tests. AWL = Autowhitelist, BAYES_00 = message content spam probability is very low.
Spam becomes worse every day.  A few years ago, it was estimated that 75
percent of all email is spam.  The figure has gotten much higher, I've
seen it listed as 85 percent, and even 90 something.
I'd like to know where these figures have come from; I have my doubts.

Mark