Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

Godwin, Stephen, Jim,

Thank you all for your advice.

It was a good idea to tell me to look at the headers in more detail. However, my newbie eyes aren't quite as discerning about what is right, wrong, and how to fix issues.

If it's okay, I'd like to show you guys the headers from a typical email generated by one of my PHP scripts. This one is from a street hockey group I run. It's very short, I think so hopefully not too troublesome.

I notice a couple of things that are probably not good. For example, the "return-path" has an ominous sounding "nobody@example.com".

I don't quite understand why it says "Received: from nobody" when the "From" header has "info@example.com".

As far as fixing things, do these issues represent server settings I should change? Or is it just a case of me forcing certain header specifications in my PHP script? Wouldn't that latter option count as "munging" the headers?