Re: [tlug] A4 not letter

Jim writes:

 > Acrobat Reader has a option to shrink to document to fit the paper
 > in your printer. The option appears when you print. Try it both ways.
 > It's a great way for A4 folks to cope with Letter documents and
 > vice versa. That alone is a great benefit of Acrobat Reader over
 > the open source PDF viewers. I wish I knew of an open source PDF
 > viewer that could do such shrinking.

It should be easy enough to do with a simple Postscript program.  I
don't have one on tap, but you could ask on Usenet, or simply borrow
a few snippets of code from one of the programs used to convert slides
to N-up.

And that's why PDF is cool and .doc is not---Microsoft Word can't even
guarantee that an A4 Word document will fit on an A4 page without
editing.