[tlug] Changing Default Paper Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: A4 not letter)

Darren Cook wrote:

> OpenOffice ... insist on defaulting to "Letter" paper,
> instead of A4. Should I be hunting for settings in these applications,
> or something more central?

> ... Fedora Core 5, using CUPS for printing ...

In a cousin, Centos 4.x, I can change the default paper size that
OpenOffice uses by changing the paper size setting for the
default printer in the "Printer configuration" program,
invoked in the default Gnomish GUI: Applications->Systems Settings->Printer
(/usr/bin/printconf-gui)

Godwin is also correct about spadmin.

> ... Adobe Acrobat ...

Full blown Acrobat (PDF creator) or the mere reader?