Re: [tlug] A4 not letter

Thanks for all the replies.

> Good point, but you need to use a locale defined in your system that
> will use A4 paper by default (as opposed to just the paper size itself).
> Something like this ought to do the trick:
>
> LC_PAPER=en_GB

I've set this (in /etc/bashrc) and rebooted, and printenv shows it but
open office and acrobat reader (with an A4 pdf) still default to letter.

I checked printer driver on this machine but it has no options for paper
size (networked printer, no local driver). I checked printer driver
settings on my printer server and it is set to A4. Open office run from
the printer server also defaults to letter!  (I didn't try setting
LC_PAPER on the server.)

I don't have "spadmin" on this machine.

I also tried making an /etc/papersize file containing a single line
saying "A4", but no difference (I didn't try a reboot though).

When I change paper size in acrobat reader to A4 it adds "-o
PageSize=A4" to the lpr commandline. Maybe this is a clue, but I
don't know what to do with it.

What is /etc/enscript.cfg for? It has "DefaultMedia: Letter". I changed
to A4, but it had no effect on open office or acrobat reader.

Darren