Re: [tlug] Language considerations

On 8/15/06, Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@example.com> wrote:

What do TPTB at TLUG think of starting a mailing list purely for
language issues? Having recently started to learn Japanese I'm sure I'd
have plenty of questions about that language. OTOH, I could help for
questions regarding English and French, and (to a lesser extent) German
and Dutch.

It's a nice idea but... I don't want to be negative but I think that
there is a really big amount of sites on the Net that maintain forums,
chats and mailing list about languages even Klingon or Elvish.
So I think that the only intention to ask about languages is just too off-topic.
Anyway I think that the idea about asking issues of languages and
computer terms is a good thing! There is really few information about
this.
For example, how to say "low level format" in Japanese? "roo reberu foomatto"?
Or how to say typical mailing list acronyms in Japanese, Spanish or
Russian, for example "OTOH" "RTFM" or something like this...

I just can't resist, here some links :-)

The Klingon Language Institute
http://www.kli.org/

Elvish Language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvish_languages