[tlug] Leaving Windows Part 1: Japanese input

Okay, here's today's question. On most of my Ubuntu Linux boxes I've
managed to configure them so that pressing the hankaku/zenkaku key
works as a toggle for Anthy. On this particular machine, it doesn't
work, and I can't figure out what I did wrong in this specific case.
SCIM, Anthy, UIM, and the related components appear to be installed,
but I'm unable to access them. The keyboard correction has been
configured. Not sure what else to check or look for at this point.

So where do I look to figure out what's broken?

I've already wrestled with it for about 30 minutes, but I'm heading
over to Windows for now... So far the main thing I've accomplished
from Linux was just to clean the spam out of a mailbox.