Re: [tlug] Default Mysql configuration files; PHP database . . . . . . . . (was Re: Socket error when connecting to MySQL)

Jim,

Thanks for following up.

Also try as root:
   find / >files; # this will take a long time
   grep my.cnf files
   grep mysql.sock files
That came up with no results as well. I am very close to 100% sure that neither file exists on my system.

Is PHP using its own native database instead of mysql?
No, it's accessing and using the MySQL databases that I built in MySQL before this whole thing started. With phpMyAdmin I seem to have full access to all MySQL data and functions.

Surely there's a way I can force my system to accept a new, default my.cnf file? After all, it must have got one from somewhere when it first installed.

--
Dave M G