Re: [tlug] Socket error when connecting to MySQL

Josh,

Thank you for replying.
If Zend Studio is trying to connect to MySQL through /tmp/mysql.sock,
and your MySQL config file sets the socket up on
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock, that ain't ever gonna work. You need to
either reconfigure Zend Studio to connect to
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock, or configure MySQL to listen on
/tmp/mysql.sock.
That certainly makes more sense than what I was doing.

I also realized, when I went back to re-edit my /etc/mysql/my.conf file was that I also needed to edit the [mysqld] section, not just the [client] section.

I did this, and it worked, and I'm happy about that.

But I'm a little concerned about configuring my MySQL server configuration to meet the needs of one application. Zend Studio was the only program that complained, and everything else was working fine.

I would have rather edited Zend Studio to conform to my MySQL server, but I couldn't find any configuration options to accomplish that.

Do you think having edited the my.cnf file is going to come back and haunt me later?

--
Dave M G