Re: [tlug] Socket error when connecting to MySQL

On 13/07/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

But I'm a little concerned about configuring my MySQL server
configuration to meet the needs of one application.  Zend Studio was the
only program that complained, and everything else was working fine.

I would have rather edited Zend Studio to conform to my MySQL server,
but I couldn't find any configuration options to accomplish that.

Yes, that would have been preferable. I would recommend that you keep
researching how to properly configure Zend Studio.

However, if all your other applications are happy with MySQL listening
on /tmp/mysql.sock, you should not have any trouble. I would imagine
that most of your other applications connect to mysqld via TCP, so it
should not matter.

-Josh