Re: [tlug] Dmesg error output [SOLVED]

TLUG,

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I took the instructions that I had used before and ran through them one more time, and this time it worked.

So I guess what happened was that I made a mistake in one step of the installation, that munged my system to make subsequent attempts to install fail. After the problem with over-zealously blowing away modules, reinstalling everything cleaned out the system. And then after that the process worked again.

So I'm good to go, and can watch the world cup at home again.

As alway, TLUGs ever insightful advice is much appreciated.

--
Dave M G