Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:11:46 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- References: <44600FEE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: The XEmacs Project
- User-agent: Gnus/5.1007 (Gnus v5.10.7) XEmacs/21.4.19 (linux)
>>>>> "Dave" == Dave M G writes: Dave> However, if I try this: Dave> ls /usr/src/linux-'uname -r'/include/linux What is the output from `uname -r'? Dave> linux-headers-2.6.15-20 Dave> linux-headers-2.6.15-20-686 As a guess, try updating the `linux-headers' package. Dave> Where are the kernel-source files I need? Probably the ones in linux-source-2.6.15 would work, but that depends on whether there are Ubuntu changes that affect vmWare. I bet `uname -r' has an Ubuntu-specific component, but to say whether it matters or not would require deep knowledge of vmWare or Ubuntu or both. -- School of Systems and Information Engineering http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp University of Tsukuba Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN Ask not how you can "do" free software business; ask what your business can "do for" free software.
- Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build. [SOLVED]
- From: Dave M G
- [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- From: Dave M G
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Root account
- Next by Date: [tlug] Answer to Mystery: temporarily blocked by smtp - probably Thunderbird issue
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build. [SOLVED]
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links