Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:00:48 +0900
- From: Keith Bawden <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- References: <44600FEE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20060420)
Hello, Not sure if this will help, but. Dave M G wrote:Make sure you are surrounding uname -r with back ticks and not single quotes. I don't think this will work anyway :-(In Synaptic, it says I already have kernel source 2.6.15-22.34 installed. However, if I try this: ls /usr/src/linux-'uname -r'/include/linux It says "file not found".You might have more luck with ls /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`/include/linux Also, /usr/src/linux may be a symlink to the source of the currently running kernel, so check that out as well.In my usr/src directory, it has the following: email@example.com:/usr/src$ ls libglx.so libglx.so.1.0.8756 linux linux-headers-2.6.15-19 linux-headers-2.6.15-19-686 linux-headers-2.6.15-20 linux-headers-2.6.15-20-686 linux-OLDVERSION.1143471235 linux-source-2.6.15 linux-source-2.6.15.tar.bz2 modules rpmTry using the kernel-header debs instead. apt-cache search linux-headers if you see the one that matches your needs then try something like apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.15-22 Then to confirm :-) ls /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-22/include/linux/ Regards, Keith
- [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- From: Dave M G
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Microphone Works, But is Quiet (Re: Accessing microphone (back to actual microphone issues))
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Root account
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links