[tlug] Proprietary Video Card Driver? (was Not understanding how updated kernels work)

Dave M Gutteridge wrote:

> So, what's the deal with any updates now that I'm using 2.6.8.1-16.20,
> since 2.6.8.1-16.21 doesn't work with my graphics card?

After a few rounds of proprietary driver musical chairs,
you'll be sitting on the floor. That's the deal.

You'll understand why many insist on open source drivers
and hardware for which open source drivers are available.

Oh the joys of proprietary drivers!