Re: [tlug] a japanese dictionary: open database therefore

On 4/2/06, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> > An interesting project would be to set up an "open (extendable) SQL
> > database" and "open source scripts" for it.

There is the Papillon project which is trying to bring several
open-source projects together. I haven't checked all their papers yet
to see what can be done or not.

---Info regarding Papillon------
This project aims at creating a multilingual lexical database covering
among others English, French, German, Japanese, Lao, Thaï and Chinese.
The access will be free of charge for non commercial use (Open Source
license). Our project, initiated by some computational linguists, aims
at being useful and open to all those who are interested in these
languages.

http://www.papillon-dictionary.org/Home.po