[tlug] http://www.google.com/ has Good Internationalization

Hector wrote:

> On the positive side, as far as my experience goes, gmail handles
> multiple encodings (including UTF-8) nicely, better than the other
> webmail providers (both yahoo.com and yahoo.co.jp stink in this area)

http://www.google.com/ is also usually good about paying attention
the language preferences that I specify in my browser. If I specify
English before Japanese, I get an English language web page. If I
specify Japanese before English, I get a Japanese language web page.
At least that's how it works when I'm in the US.

When I've been in East Asia, I've seen http://www.google.com/
ignore my browser's language preferences and insist on showing
me content in the local language (unless I let it set cookies).
http://www.google.com/ seems to figure this out from IP addresses.