Re: [tlug] CD Burning Howto-- Thanks Godwin

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:29:56 +0900, David Riggs <dariggs@example.com>
wrote:

>  >   http://linux.sgms-centre.com/howto/cdwriting.php
>
> It really should be in the LDP.

Actually, I did submit it to the LDP a while ago. It didn't elicit as much
as an acknowledgement, probably because it doesn't conform to their rather
stifled format. It strikes me that most of the howtos there are simply
explanations of the command line options of the various pieces of software
involved - a bit like man pages really.

I tend to take the opposite approach, putting myself in the shoes of the
person who's in a fix and describing what needs to be done to get out of
that fix - more often than not because I've BTDTGTTS :)

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

If the designers of X-window built cars, there would be no fewer than five
steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which followed the same
principles -- but you'd be able to shift gears with your car stereo.
Useful feature, that,
                -- From the programming notebooks of a heretic, 1990.