Re: [tlug] How To Ask Questions

Jim wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>
>> On 28/02/06, David Stibbe <dstibbe@example.com> wrote:
>
>>> Guess I shouldn't bother tlug's with these questions...
>> No, that is not what Jim is saying. Just make an effort to do some
>> research first, and *then* ask the list, mentioning specifically the
>> research you have done and what questions are still outstanding.
>
> Yup, ESR elaborates on this and more:
>
>    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

Next time I will definitely do that. At the time of asking I was quite
involved with getting openAfs to work with Heimdal under Debian and
therefor a bit preoccupied. I figured the best opinions about this book
would be those from TLUG members, so I asked the mailing list.

I had  no idea that it would start a discussion about 'asking on the
TLUG mailing-list` itself. My apologies.

Greetings by the way.I do not believe I have properly introduced myself
before. David Stibbe, nice to meet you all.

David