Re: [tlug] Nice kanji fonts for TeX/LaTeX

--Sig_8Cc.5hY4amMThU6FOL3YR+1

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:13:02 +0100
Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com> wrote:
=20
>     >> Is there an easy way to get LaTeX to use scalable fonts that
>     >> would result in less blocky large kanji?
>     Botond> I think using truetype fonts would result in a less blocky
>     Botond> kanji. Did you try to use any?  -- Special TLUG Meeting:
>=20
> I tried, but somehow latex did not use them. Maybe it is the utf8
> encoding. I could not find any comprehensive description on how to do
> it.

This issue pops up on tlug once in a while.
See this thread: http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0601/msg00420.html
The attachment is not directly available, so I posted it here:
http://siliconium.net/~boti/pdflatex.tar.gz

HTH.