Re: [tlug] Tip 'o the Day: quick searches in Mozilla / Firefox

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 21:20:38 +0900, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> But your algorithm is order N, and mine is constant order. So I win in
> the average case, and win big in the pathological case, when there are
> a *lot* of search plugins,

True. I think "pathological" certainly does apply to someone with 18 search
plugins. Think: Valium :o)

More seriously, though, how many of those 18 search plugins do you use on a
regular basis? If, like me, the answer is "1", then make that plugin the
default plugin and you've saved yourself a keystroke for the majority of
your searches.

As for the "worst case scenario", you can always use Alt-Down, End, Up, and
you've saved yourself another 15 or so keystrokes.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.