Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

Josh Glover wrote:

>>1. # alsactl store
>>2. edit /etc/asound.state. Set "Mic As Center/LFE" to "false".
>>3. # alsactl restore
>>4. Set your Mic to "Record"
>>5. Set Capture level high
>>

>None of which I find especially puzzling. Basically, issue the command in (1):
>
>alsactl store   # you probably have to be root
>
>Now, using your favourite text editor (XEmacs, right?), open the file
>/etc/asound.state (you probably have to be root for this step, as
>well). If you find "Mic As Center/LFE", set it to "false". If you
>don't find it, add a new line, using the conventions contained in the
>file, that sets it to false.

Josh, this is what confuses me, below is the convention for this file,

control.39 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.range '0 - 16383'
                iface MIXER
                name 'IEC958 Capture Volume'
                index 1
                value.0 0
                value.1 0
        }

How, using this convention, do I set "Mic As Center/LFE" to "false"? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.