Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

Josh Glover wrote:

>Doesn't alsamixer give you any indication of the capture status?

yes, sorry, it does, Josh, 100% also.

>I wonder if esd or whatever is controlling the sound card's levels and
>such. Try stopping esd, arts, and any other sound daemon that might be
>running, then issuing the amixer commands again:

Josh, hardware/Linux relationship really is my weakest point, although,
with this event, I'm learnig more. I will endeavour to search out your
suggestions some time soon.

>amixer set Mic 100 capture unmute
>amixer get Mic
>
>Any change?
>
>If not, I think you must Google, for I have no clue.

yes, I am googling also. I have now moved this to a CentOS specific list
also. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.