Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

Ian Wells wrote:

> I had nasty problems with an nvidia3 chipset and this, which I think
> may have been related to my motherboard's way of wiring things.  I
> can't remember how I solved it, unfortunately.  I think it was a
> difference of opinion between aumix's labelled options and what they
> actually did.  (It had 5 channel output or 3 channel output and a mic
> input, and the difficulty was persuading it that I wanted the mic
> option.)

Hi All,

thanx Ian, but, I'm not too sure if that is my problem. I just tried the
echo123 service from Skype, and failed miserably even with stopping
esdctl as suggested by Evan. What I can't understand, is, there is
definitely some form of sound making it from the mic to the speakers,
when I blow hard into the mic. What is even more demoralising, is, I've
been talking up Linux to my family, who all use Windows, and they are
now making fun of me(nothing new there) and my whole, "Linux is the
best" philosophy. Help me to redeem myself, please(lol). Cheers.

Mark Sargent.