Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

On Jan.15 16h44, Mark Sargent wrote :
> Hi All,
>
> I cannot be heard via Skype, although I can hear others. I installed
> audacity(1st time to use it, so, could just be me), and found I can't
> record any input sound, but, via aumix, I've unmuted, and certainly get
> a whooshing sound, when blowing into the mic. Anyone got any
> troubleshooting ideas? Cheers.

One thing you can do not to bug people, is to add "echo123" to your
Skype contacts. It is a sound test service.

As for the sound configuration, I have esound (with gnome) as sound
server, and I have to cut it before launching skype:

esdctl off
skype &

Maybe you would have to do something similar with your sound server?

Cheers,

Evan